Idle AFR

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
YuraL

Idle AFR

Post by YuraL »

Which table is registered for the mixture at idle?
I made a poor mix on the entire CL AFR table, but at idle it still remained 14.7:1.
400+ Mazda6 MPS
ATP GTX3071, AEM SRI, CPe TIP, Treadstone TR11 FMIC, 3" Rud Exhaust, KMD HPFP, Methanol Injection Kit, CP Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods
Tuned with Image
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Idle AFR

Post by mituc »

I guess we don't have access to that idle AFR table. The closed Loop table also contains the AFR's for the RPM corresponding to idle but I think it's not actually taken into consideration.
As far as I remember the idle AFR's are influenced by the second lambda sensor readings as well, while the tables we have access to in VT rely only on the readings of the primary oxygen sensor.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
YuraL

Post by YuraL »

Maybe Steve knows more.
400+ Mazda6 MPS
ATP GTX3071, AEM SRI, CPe TIP, Treadstone TR11 FMIC, 3" Rud Exhaust, KMD HPFP, Methanol Injection Kit, CP Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods
Tuned with Image
Sassimac

Post by Sassimac »

My experience altering the AFR at idle RPM points in the closed loop table only have an effect for a short time. After that things go a bit haywire.

I leaned the idle and low RPM AFR's out a fraction, and the net result after a few days was that the AFR became richer..!!

I wish I knew what was happening here.
Tuned with Image by Image
Now not a Beta Tester. Proud Owner of a Personal License.

I use ECU Tools for iPhone to help with Boost & AFR conversions..!!

Mods include: ETS TMIC, K&N Filter and Turbosmart BOV.