Launch Control and km/h enabled

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
boloteo

Launch Control and km/h enabled

Post by boloteo »

Hello i have a speed3 and i have set the lc to 2800rpm and the km/h to be activated at 31km/h but i realize that my car do not reach the 31km/h with LC enabled.

After the second i launch the car the car turns off LC.

Any suggestions ??
At the past that i have try it again it works just fine but know it is n`t ..... :? :? :?
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Launch Control and km/h enabled

Post by mituc »

The Kmph limit is the limit up until the LC is active. Also peep in mind that LC works when the clutch is disengaged. Once you engage the clutch LC goes to sleep.

But why would you set LC for 31Kmph, are you launching in 2nd from that speed (about 2000rpm)? It's way more efficient to floor it in 1st gear from that speed, with properly set OL load targets you will have minimal wheel spin.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
boloteo

Post by boloteo »

I launch it with 2nd gear thats why...

But i`m sure tha i have the clutch disengached.
Is there any chance due to that the rpm i launch are very low the car transisions to close loop???
When i find some time i will give it a try....

When you say ol load tables you mean the each gear ol load table, i have set for the first gear to 0.9 load from 2500 till redline and still no traction at all...
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

I have the LC rpm set to 2800 as well, but I launch in 1st gear. Launching in 2nd, assuming that you're on the stock K04, will start giving you torque around 40Kmph at 2800-3000rpm and that's when your tires will go loose again. High torque + low rpm = wheel spin.
Assuming you're driving on decent summer tires on decent asphalt you should be fine launching in 1st and modulate the throttle a little bit because at WOT your tires will start spinning otherwise.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Unfortunately there are not per gear BCS DC Base tables. The ECU has to start at the base value and reduce the DC to try to get to .9 load. By the time it gets the DC down, you're done with first gear. Try getting aggressive with the Requested Load Multiplier tables for first gear. That may help reduce the throttle angle. Also make sure your APP is going to 100% when floored. The default APP threshold for LC is 98%.