More Idle issues

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
N3RDPWR

More Idle issues

Post by N3RDPWR »

So I've removed my FMIC and replaced the stock TMIC, Flashed the ECU with a 1.7 version of Versa tune base flash and the car was fine.

It seems to have made a big difference as there was some leaks on the plumbing from wear and tear...
However I decided to disable to a CEL as it was somewhat annoying... now using the 1.85 version base tune... now the engine refuses to idle properly.

If I was to drive normally, take my foot off the gas pedal, and let the car slow down using the gears. The car will idle... but it seems to struggle and labour while idling.
If I was to drive normally, take my foot off the gas pedal, and engage the clutch, the car will stall completely...

Any advise will be great...

Logs attached.
Note: 55seconds would be an ideal example of what happens.
Attachments
idle Data log.zip
55seconds... look there
(38.16 KiB) Downloaded 459 times
'07 Speed3
CP Custom Forged Pistons, Pauter Forged Rods, ATP GT3071R, CP-E 3" Full Exhaust, ATP FMIC, mrlilguy CDFP, Spec Stage 2+ Clutch, Fidanza Lightened Flywheel, Custom Injen SRI (Chopped)
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: More Idle issues

Post by mituc »

Give it a while to re-learn the MAF cal. It will be fine after that. This will happen no matter the tuning device/software you're using. I was getting it when I was using Hypertech as well, especially when it was very hot outside (no problems during wnter or colder weather).
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
N3RDPWR

Post by N3RDPWR »

The ecu still re-learning even after 450km?

I'm sure there is a better way to get the car to idle better once coming off throttle.

If I was to hand my car to someone to tune I would expect all aspects of the tune were good... There must be a secret to it?
'07 Speed3
CP Custom Forged Pistons, Pauter Forged Rods, ATP GT3071R, CP-E 3" Full Exhaust, ATP FMIC, mrlilguy CDFP, Spec Stage 2+ Clutch, Fidanza Lightened Flywheel, Custom Injen SRI (Chopped)
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

No, this should not take more than, say, 20-40km (more or less depending on the driving conditions).
Post your MAF cal or your entire tune and let us take a look.

Later edit: I checked your log and there are several spots where the short therm fuel trims go nuts just before the engine dies on you. There is a near or more 20% difference between the actual and desired lambda and -/+ 20% is the threshold the ECU will not learn anything. So that's why after 450kms the ECU did no learn anything.
The low voltage MAF curve seems to have very low g/s values in your MAF cal. Normally the MAF voltage should not go below like 1.3-1.4V with the engine on (where you should have 4-5g/s of air passing through), but most probably you have very low values there as well probably around 3g/s which is like 25% less than what you should have (it's even more less than the stock MAF cal!!).

Go to the "Share your MAF cal" section of the forum and download one of the MAF cals there and start with that. If it's 10% off compared to your actual MAF cal you should still be good because -/+ 10% is something that the ECU can handle so you can even use one of those unmodified. I think even the stock MAF cal would be better than what you have now.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
N3RDPWR

Post by N3RDPWR »

Sorry for the delay.

I decided to go back to 1.7 as the 1.85 version kept crashing while logging.

I flashed the 1.7 stock tune. (ie. create new, save, flash) The only modification was increase the idle to 800rpm...

I've attached some more logs.... no MAF cal done...
Advise would be great.

It stalls around the 39seconds mark.
Attachments
VersaTuner Logs020613.zip
(18.37 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
'07 Speed3