New Dumb Questions

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
Alpha Wolf

New Dumb Questions

Post by Alpha Wolf »

Okay, I have test drove the car and I have saved a log file. Do I just save it as a *.zip file or is there a way to ingest it into Excel and then output it as a CSV file etc... What is the normal way to do this. I have seen some knock retard and I wanted to have Steve etc look it over and give me an idea of where to begin the tweaking.

It appears to knock retard on light throttle 2nd/3rd gear auto shifts and at WOT near when I lifted in 4th.

What parameters should I be logging?

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks.
2007 Touring CX7
2.3 Turbo
Vogtland Lowering Springs
Custom Twin Muffler Cat Back Exhaust (All American Muffler Salinas)
Extreme Turbo System Black TMIC
Forge BPV
Nitto 420 tires
EBC Red Brake Pads
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: New Dumb Questions

Post by mituc »

You can save the log as CSV as well. Open a log file from the "Logs" tab and at the bottom of the window you have that small square icon saying "1,2,3,4". Press that and you will be able to export the log as CSV. Please also make sure you export it in the original format though, because the Versatuner will not be able to import .csv logs.

Depending on what you're trying to do you may need to log different things. This document here may help you quite a lot (see sections 4 and 5):
http://www.stratifiedauto.com/Stratifie ... 0008.3.doc
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP