Lean @ WOT

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
sidekick

Lean @ WOT

Post by sidekick »

I'm running the base 91 map for the MS6 with a couple small adjustments. Since I zero'd out the VVT table, my car is now running pretty damn lean until 4Kish RPM. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Before I pulled the VVT, it was right where it should be. Here are some logs/VDs and the map. Running 13:1 AFRs at 14-15PSI is not something I want to be doing...

W/ VVT:

W/O VVT:

Here are the log files:
3rd WOT v205 1-11-14.csv
(67.45 KiB) Downloaded 619 times
3rd WOT v205 2 1-11-14.csv
(24.34 KiB) Downloaded 651 times
It won't let me upload the map, but the only changes I made since the first VDs are:
Zero'd VVT table, Zero'd low load WGDC and raised boost targets by .5PSI.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Lean @ WOT

Post by mituc »

I see that your AFRs are about 12.5 from like 3300 to 4000rpm, they are close to stock I think. I don't see how zeroing the VVT tables could have affected the AFRs.

How do your Open Loop WOT AFR tables look like? You can attach your tune if you add it to a zip archive and upload the archive instead.

Also, keep in mind that the versatuner works with load based tunes, those boost target tables don't do anything.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
sidekick

Re: Lean @ WOT

Post by sidekick »

mituc wrote:I see that your AFRs are about 12.5 from like 3300 to 4000rpm, they are close to stock I think. I don't see how zeroing the VVT tables could have affected the AFRs.

How do your Open Loop WOT AFR tables look like? You can attach your tune if you add it to a zip archive and upload the archive instead.

Also, keep in mind that the versatuner works with load based tunes, those boost target tables don't do anything.
Thanks for the help, Mituc. It really was just not a map that worked well with my set up as none of the VT base maps are made for my specific mods. Everything is being ironed out now and it's looking promising so far.