Closed Loop Open Loop Load Threshold 1,2,3,4,5

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
jacobs53

Closed Loop Open Loop Load Threshold 1,2,3,4,5

Post by jacobs53 »

Hi All,

I have a question about the CL/OP Load Threshold settings defined in the <Absolute Limits> section of the map editor software. What I'd like to understand is what the numbers after the parameter names refer to? If there was 6 I would assume they are related to gear but since there is only 5 I'm not 100% sure.

The reason for this question is that I am suffering with some part throttle KR, however it seems to be occuring in 3rd gear close to the CL/OP Load Threshold Point "1" values...

The same question applies to any tables that reference numbers after the parameter name, i.e.

Closed Loop Load Limit 1,2,3
Closed Loop Open Loop APPThreshold 1,2,3,4,5,6
Closed Loop Open Loop Load Threshold 1,2,3,4,5 (original question above)
Closed Loop Open Loop Tranisiton Timer 1,2,3

Thanks
Lee
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Closed Loop Open Loop Load Threshold 1,2,3,4,5

Post by mituc »

It isn't really clear what those tables are for, we only know that those thresholds are used in some certain situations (based on ECT, BAT, possibly barometric pressure, and so on).
The only thing that you can do is to make those tables identical, it's safe to do so.

As for the Closed Loop Open Loop Transition Timer 1,2,3 those are three different timers, the general recommendation is 15/40/40 or 15/20/20. I think the last two are the minimum time interval for the condition of the opposite state to persist before transitioning from open loop to closed loop and from closed to open loop respectively, and the first timer is some wait time that once transitioned how much time the ECU will keep that state (OL or CL) before attempting to transition again if the conditions are met. I may be wrong though, worth asking someone else.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP