VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
Caramon205

Post by Caramon205 »

Hello!
I'm going to buy a VT this week, but before that, there are a few things I need to clear up.
Good to know, I recently changed my preference to this, used to be gaming :p I'm 25 years old now and I'm old enough to play games :)so finally I'm a noobi :)

First, the Swedish MPS 06
with the current mods are
CP-E DP-catback
Definitely SIR
SUCCESSFUL TIP
Denso itv20 (Sweden is a cold country)
+ HYPERTECH

My problem is that after I changed the DP-catback I started to lose power at higher rpm, not all gears and sometimes.

then I decided to change the sparks, they were old and rusty :S so I guess it was a good start, but the problem didn't go away, but it was less noticeable.

Some say that after the DP has been changed, the turbo has to be adjusted so that the free air goes down to the DP.

Hypertech does not cause problems. I went back to the stock settings, and the problem persisted.

What can Versatune do for me?
I run with 95EU

Respect
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: New member

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

You can try our prebuilt High Flow Down Pipe tunes, but they require 98 octane. Or you can contact an e-tuner and get a custom tune.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: New member

Post by mituc »

Caramon205 wrote: June 24th, 2021, 7:34 pm What can Versatune do for me?
I run with 95EU
Versatuner can do a lot for you, from 250 to 1000+hp.

There are two things to discuss here:
1. fuels: the E10 95RON fuels in europe these days behave at least as good as 100/101RON fuels before 2017 when they moved from E5 to E10. However with a downpipe you should really consider upgrading your high pressure fuel pump internals. You can use Autotech, CorkSport, VIS Motorsport, or whoever.

2. loss of power at high RPM: this can have multiple causes, either a boost leak or an exhaust leak before the turbo. Or both. The lesser backpressure with the upgraded DP should have increased the power output and response, not tame them. The problem can usually be spotted in a log, if you will make one.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP