Deldran's VT adventure

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Re: Deldran's VT adventure

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

You can linear interpolate horizontally and vertically as well as 2D. Use the arrow buttons in the toolbar at the bottom of the table value window.

Deldran

Post by Deldran »

Lol thanks, I'm used to just pushing v or h
Deldran

Post by Deldran »

Ok, so i am going through the BAT/ECT comp tables.

My question here is what to put in place for the No Knock table. In ATR there is not a specfic table for BAT/ETC comp when no KR is present. My gut tells me to make it the same as the knocking table.
How do you normally go about this?
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Unless you are having issues with high temp induced knock, I'd leave them alone. It also depends on how aggressive your normal timing is. If you're right on the edge, you may want to back off a bit when temps climb,

It's kind of subjective based on your car, climate and use.
Deldran

Post by Deldran »

I'm just copying out of my AP tune. My tuner stated he always changes those tables as at least with the AP they aren't agressive enough.

Should the knock and no knock tables mirror each other?

Also is there a way to copy the axis values? I want to translate my maf Cal from AP into VT
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

I would expect the axis values to be the same between AP and VT for the MAF tables. 0 - 4.992v
Deldran

Post by Deldran »

Yes they are pretty close. The issue is AP uses g/s for maf cal instead of lb/min

working on converting it now
Deldran

Post by Deldran »

Never mind, just set vt to metric problem solved.
Deldran

Post by Deldran »

So i got my odb cable in the mail, and I believe i have a good tune to start with. Copied as much as i could out of my old cobb map into VT, set the load limits pretty low just to make sure no issue.

First non of my computers have a CD drive. Do i need the drivers for the cable. if so where can i download them? NVM i found them online

I assume you want the gear limit tables to be the same or slightly higher than the APP tables?

2nd. Steve if you wouldn't mind just looking this over, just want to make sure its safe before I really start going after it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6dtrdih3nlj9 ... vtune?dl=0
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is for a stock K04 fed engine, right? What other mods?

I usually leave the CL/OL thresholds alone. If you have a reason to touch those tables, that's up to you.

Push Load Limit Spark Retard up so it won't get triggered. Use a value you will never hit like 3.

Overboost Throttle Reduction is too close to Overboost Fuel cut. It won't have time to lower boost with the throttle before it hits the fuel cut. Increase the fuel cut table or lower the throttle table so there's at least a 5 kPa spread.

I don't see any reason to ever rev above 6500 with a K04. You have the rev limiter at 7500.

You changed the fuel pressure limit to 12.4 MPa, but did not increase any fuel pressure target cell above 11.5

I would ask for a little more load at 2500 and 3000. If you wait till 4000 to request full load, you have no torque curve since torque starts dropping at 5500 and drops like a brick at 6000.
Your per-gear low bat load limits are much higher than your APP Requested Load and will never be hit.

You will probably overshoot your load targets at lower rpm due to the aggressive DBW throttle map.

Hope this helps,

Steve