New to Tuning, Need Help

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
conner

New to Tuning, Need Help

Post by conner »

I had just purchased the Personal VersaTuner License, I've been using the Lite for a while now, but been looking to upgrade and finally did so. Hate me all you want but I love have the crackels and pops, how can I enable this on a certain tune that does not come preset with it?

Also, is it possible to tune the car for a BOV using VersaTuner?

What would be the best options for me for this?
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: New to Tuning, Need Help

Post by mituc »

If a tune does not have pops&bangs then you will simply not have pops&bangs.
You have two options here:
1. flash a tune that has pops&crackless;
2. edit another tune and add pops&crackless in other ways (yes, there are other ways which will not leave you without engine braking).
However in your case, with a Lite license you will not be able to edit a tune so all you can do is to use an off-the-shelf tune with pops&crackles.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
conner

Post by conner »

How can I enabled them in the tune editor?
aeonpsych

Post by aeonpsych »

Basics to a crackle and pop tune:
Ignite fuel after TDC. Make sure fuel is still being supplied during this time.

In terms of versatune/versatuner, their base crackle/pop tune is simply just max retarding ignition tables where you will be making popcorn, as well as ensuring that fuel has not been cut during that time as well. That's really it for the most part.

If you have tune editor license, you can view differences and changes between any versatune map you have downloaded / customized through the software.

This is not me advising to make / run this changes on your own tune (or anyone else for that matter). These settings are far from normal operating parameters for motors, so just make sure you understand the risks of flooding cylinders with unburnt/delayed burnt fuel, having ignition timing retarded this much, as well as causing excess fuel and/or explosions in the exhaust system.