Question about the Special Features Tab in Tune Custumizer

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
Belo1301

Question about the Special Features Tab in Tune Custumizer

Post by Belo1301 »

What is the best average LC Rpm Limit with Megaspool and Without?
Does no lift shift have any difference with Megaspool?
Advance Setting?
LC igniton retard -22 (any recommandations)?
Thanks in advance
Kind Regard
Luka
6 MPS Downpipe, Stock hpfp , stock turbo, Sure motorsport mounts dif and engine , Whiteline rear swaybar .
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Question about the Special Features Tab in Tune Custumizer

Post by mituc »

I strongly recommend using the megaspool feature on both LC and NLS... it keeps the revs better at the target and also holds boost up.
On my car I've set the NLS rpm to 4800. That's about where on a 3MPS BK or a 6MPS you'll be if you shift gears around 6500rpm.

For the LC RPM - it totally depends on you. If you launch the car often then use the RPM you usually launch at from. Keep in mind that the higher the LC RPM is set the more your clutch will wear and the higher the stress on the transfer case (especially when you drop the clutch a bit more aggressively).
On the 6MPS DO NOT use the handbrake when launching: when you pull the handbrake the rear is disconnected, and under hard acceleration once you let the handbrake lever back down the rear will be engaged and there will be quite a big mechanical shock for the transfer case.

As for the ignition timing on both remember the minimum ignition timing is -13.5 degrees, so wherever it is set to a smaller value than this (like -22) it will automatically default to -13.5.
On my car I use -10 degrees to make the pops less aggressive on launch control to protect the catalytic converters. If you have a de-catted downpipe and test pipe then it's just a matter of preference, I'd just start with the default values.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP