RSB
TT Front engine mount
SU rear engine mount
AWR Trans 60 duro mount
ETS 3.25" TMIC
Boost Tubes
PTP 18psi WGA
Grimmspeed 3 Port Interrupt BCS
ARP Main studs (Overtorqued... doh :roll:)
ATP 3" catless dp
Corksport 80mm catback
AWD cutout switch

In the garage:

Darton sleeved block
Highest flowing MZR-DISI head on earth with +1mm overside inconel exhaust valves, titanium locks and retainers, Cosworth springs, welded EGR
Cosworth oil pump
Rousch Racing CNC remote mount filter system
Fluidyne oil cooler
8" Spal oil cooler fan
Ford Racing programable fan controller
About half a mile of B&M Racing SS -12an hose
Custom CNC -12an ORB o-ringed block oil adapter
Custom Intake and Exhaust Cams
DCR VVT
750+hp rated L/A Intercooler system
ARP main studs
ARP head studs
Custom machined water inlet with EGR delete and full NPT bosses except the main water hose, its -20an ORB
Denso ITV 22
Denso ITV 23
Denso ITV 24
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Re: What's your setup?

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

06speed6,

What snail are you gonna drop on that project motor?
fez

Post by fez »

06speed6,
That's the kind of engine I'll be putting in my car when the stock block goes. hahaha. I'm thinking a gt40 or 42r will go nicely with that beastly thing. :D
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Damn I never knew there were so many aftermarket parts that could be used inside our engines. That is going to be one hell of a beast... :shock:
Fueling it is going to be a challenge, though.
fez

Post by fez »

second rail!! :D
mrQQ

Post by mrQQ »

yea, drilling it for direct injection won't be pretty though lol

i wonder, will the pressure of aftermarket hpfps, how close to maxing our fueling is? i guess it's pretty close, theres only so much time for direct injection..
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

We're working on a high end fueling solution. We can only do so much at once though. Having the HPFP internals done is the first step. There's more in R&D that I can't elaborate on.
06Speed6

Post by 06Speed6 »

I havent decided on the turbo yet, but I am pretty set on running a fairly high compression ratio, maybe 11:1 or 12:1. I think that increase in compression will help to spool the larger turbos a little earlier. On Forzda's logs he ran up to near 30psi without knock and he was near 12.5:1 AFR so I am pretty confident that our DI fuel system is pretty good at controlling knock because I dont know of any PI engine that can run 30psi @ 12.5:1 on a 9.5:1 compression engine with pump gas.

I know Mark at Street Unit estimates that he hit near 36psi on a spike on his GT40 before the stock block gave out. He had forgotten to reconnect the WG vacuum line so he had no WG to control the turbo. He said he doesnt think there was any knock before the rod broke.

Additionally I am looking to go with a lower rpm power range, starting somewhere around 2500rpm. I have crunched some turbo numbers and there are a few new ones that allow me to hit 40psi at 2750rpm and will hold 30psi to 6000rpm.

One worry that I have is that its going to be hard to ballpark the total air flow capacity of my engine, the head flows around 265cfm @ 28"H2O or about 25% more than stock, and I want it to be the restriction. I estimate, with some very very large generalizations that it can flow ~430g/s @ 30psi and 525g/s @ 40psi.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

You'll have to use a very small A/R turbine housing to spool that low. It will become very restrictive up top.
06Speed6

Post by 06Speed6 »

Yeah, I found one that its more than 40psi before 3000rpm but it isnt good for much more than 30psi at 6000rpm. I gotta say that ~550hp before 3000rpm would be the shit even if it did choke up top.