Dyno Date Set for Fez' GT35 Fed Beast

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
fez

Re: Dyno Date Set for Fez' GT35 Fed Beast

Post by fez »

I know we couldn't reach the target load because MAF was at 4.9v, but I don't know what my last max load was... 2.3ish? dunno.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

At some point, you have to pull so much timing to prevent knock that you lose more power than you gain from the boost. Sometimes there are mechanical limitations - head gaskets, rods, pistons, clutches, etc. If you get outside the compressor's efficiency range too far, the hot air at high boost so much less dense than the cooler air at a lower boost level that you lose power.

laxplayermjd wrote:what determines when to stop upping the load/boost? wheres the fine line between pushing for power and getting crazy. Where was fez sitting with the last maf?
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Due to a scheduling conflict, we had to move the date back a week to May 21st at 10:00AM.
dave.

Post by dave. »

Hope all goes well today! Best of luck
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Well, no numbers to show for all of our trouble today :(

Fez' car didn't make it too far before it threw more codes and it stopped running. There's something wrong with his VVT system. It's either electrical or oil pressure related.

We tried to put my car on the dyno, but it kept pulling side to side when we got into it.

So, we threw the MS3 on and had traction control issues.

The shop owner is going to talk to Mustang and see how to run the FWD MS3 with the rear wheels spinning and still get accurate numbers.

So, not a great day for numbers, but the MS3 owner drove home with a big grin and VersaTuner beta on his car.

We'll regroup and try again in a week or two.
dave.

Post by dave. »

Ah thats a shame mate!! fingers crossed you'll have some figure soon, let me know if i can help, its on the rollers Saturday ;)
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

What kind of dyno do you have? Do you spin the rears to keep traction control/ABS happy?
dave.

Post by dave. »

It's a MAHA 4wd dyno, it's been on before with no probs. Would be interesting to see it standard vs mapped in exactly the same conditions etc. No arguing about gains then!
Prev

Post by Prev »

This is the place which Dave is on about. Not really any use to you lot as your in the US of A but just for reference. Should be quite a few MPS's up there. http://sitebuilder.yell.com/sb/Displayc ... 5557000010
dave.

Post by dave. »

I'll see you there prev :)