Dyno Date Set for Fez' GT35 Fed Beast

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Dyno Date Set for Fez' GT35 Fed Beast

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

EDIT - Date changed to 5/21 due to scheduling conflict.

I'm not sure how many are near the Detroit area, but I thought I'd share what we have planned. Fez is going to drive up to Troy, Michigan for some dyno tuning on Saturday May 21st at 10:00AM.

With his new 3.5" MAF, we should see some really good numbers.

If you are in the area, we'll be at:

Speed Industry
1668 Thorncroft Drive
Troy, MI 48084

http://www.speedindustry.biz

They do a lot of Subie work there, but they're still cool people ;)
laxplayermjd

Re: Dyno Date Set for Fez' GT35 Fed Beast

Post by laxplayermjd »

aww poop. i wish i still lived in cleveland id ride out! we gonna take some guesses?
what kinda dyno, does it read high or low?

are you going to run yours as well steve?

there better be some nice videos i hope
Last edited by laxplayermjd on April 6th, 2011, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

It's the same dyno that showed me no love with my K04. It's a Mustang Dyno that's known to read somewhat low.

He was moving around 400g/s of air at the limit of the 3" MAF, so you do the math with a 30% bigger MAF :twisted: :twisted:

If we have time, I'll throw my dog on the rollers too. I'm still having issues with the boost control with the internally gated ATP GT3071R. I'm also out of MAF with the 2.75" AEM MAF. The best I can do right now is about 335 g/s.

I'll have the HD video cam rolling for sure.
fez

Post by fez »

uhhh mustang dyno = low numbers. haha. We better tune the crap out of this thing. hahaha!!
Oh well, as long as we do 350+ on this one, I'll consider it success. :)
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Fez' stock internals would hold up well with our mega tune :)
fez

Post by fez »

yep.. meeee too. :)
06Speed6

Post by 06Speed6 »

rofl dang, 400g/s on the 3" maf? Was the maf calibrated to zero the ltft and stft, meaning was the comanded AFR equal to the actual AFR? Thats gotta be close to a record, I know some of the bigger guys are pushing 370 around 28psi on 3.25" mafs and thats between 450 and 500hp in the 6000rpm range.

I know alot of the MSF guys swing from AP and SB nuts so they are gonna want everything calibrated and logged and dyno sheets in uncorrected and SAE or they are gonna cry bs. They prolly want vids too =P

If Versatune dynos the highest hp mzr-disi right out of the box ima laugh my as off at all of them.

Conversely if the power blows a piston out of the bottom of the oil pan, without a tuning or boost control failure, that will be a first as well. No one has blown a stock block from too much power.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

I disabled the MAF limit protection on my car today and ran a little over 255 kPa MAP (~23 PSI boost) to 6900 RPM and got 367g/s with my 2.75" at 4.91v. My trims are very tight and Actual AFR is right on Target AFR. That said, the MAF cal above 3.5v could still be off since there are no trims to use to verify. I can't say how much over 255 since I'm still running the stock TMAP. The plateau at 255 kPa on the graph was pretty small, so probably not much above.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

His MAF was pretty much right on. That's the first thing I do before I even think about boost or anything else.
06Speed6 wrote:rofl dang, 400g/s on the 3" maf? Was the maf calibrated to zero the ltft and stft, meaning was the comanded AFR equal to the actual AFR? Thats gotta be close to a record, I know some of the bigger guys are pushing 370 around 28psi on 3.25" mafs and thats between 450 and 500hp in the 6000rpm range.

I know alot of the MSF guys swing from AP and SB nuts so they are gonna want everything calibrated and logged and dyno sheets in uncorrected and SAE or they are gonna cry bs. They prolly want vids too =P

If Versatune dynos the highest hp mzr-disi right out of the box ima laugh my as off at all of them.

Conversely if the power blows a piston out of the bottom of the oil pan, without a tuning or boost control failure, that will be a first as well. No one has blown a stock block from too much power.
laxplayermjd

Post by laxplayermjd »

what determines when to stop upping the load/boost? wheres the fine line between pushing for power and getting crazy. Where was fez sitting with the last maf?