Logging resolution

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
laxplayermjd

Logging resolution

Post by laxplayermjd »

So i was reading about the famous forzda blown motor thread. pretty impressive but made a big error causing boost to hit 29psi. Anyways he was stating and shown in the logs that he can shift and the ap wouldnt even pick it up at times. Some said they can hook the ap right to the computer and get more logging resolution. So i did a little comparison with some logs i have taken

13 pids. only gets a plot about every .5 second

with VT i logged 12 pids with a resolution every .1 second.

VERSATUNER FTW!
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Logging resolution

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Currently logging resolution with VersaTuner is only limited by the ECU response rate, plus we have a feature to selectively decrease resolution for slowly changing parameters. But we are going to add another smart feature that will further increase logging resolution. Essentially you will be able to log certain parameters "for free" and not sacrifice the resolution of other logged parameters. Stay tuned for more updates ;)
06Speed6

Post by 06Speed6 »

I thought it was limited by the data flow rate from the OBD port? Is this not true?
laxplayermjd

Post by laxplayermjd »

well the obd port is pretty much just wires that run to the ecu. So its limited by what the ecu will allow as a transfer rate to output across those wires.
06Speed6

Post by 06Speed6 »

Oh I read that wrong, I thought he was talking about my computers processor speed and not the ECU processor speed.