Versatuner for the Mazda 3 MPS

VersaTuner for Mazdaspeed6, Mazda 6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3, Mazda 3 MPS, CX7
rgregg50

Re: Versatuner for the Mazda 3 MPS

Post by rgregg50 »

I dont mind organising this group buy.

I will put up a post on MPSowners and get in touch with tactrix to see how much discount we can get :twisted:

Cant wait to get his now - Already wondering about a KMD fuel pump!
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Count me in for a cable.
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
rgregg50

Post by rgregg50 »

Hi

I have put up a post in the group buy section on MPS Owners

http://www.mpsowners.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=5480

Me
Skiptownmcat
Prev???
big_dave_r???
Graham

Post by Graham »

Steve @ VersaTune wrote:They also server as a good base for custom tuning yourself, since the application allows for full custom tuning yourself.
So going by this, somebody with a clue opn car tuning could tweak the settings to optimise the most out of the car/mods, rather than the conservative tunes you are doing? Just a general question to get a more idea of what this thing is capable of.

P.S. rough release date available yet?
Mazda 3 MPS - 284bhp 302ft/lb torque
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Yes, you can fully customize your tune to make the most of whatever mods you have.

I personally run a Mazdaspeed6 with a GT3071R, CAI, TIP, FMIC, HPFP upgrade, 2150 PSI RV, tubular exhaust manifold, 3" TBE, custom boost control solenoid, ported cylinder head, etc.

The only tuning mod I have is VersaTuner. It's a perfectly smooth daily driver. But if I want to, I can use launch control to launch it like a monster and blow someone away.

The context sensitive tuning info makes it easy to understand what the tables relate to. Plus, you can exchange tunes with other VersaTuner users to help each other out.

The release is due very very soon. That's all I can say for now.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Really does sound like an awesome bit of kit, am really holding out on this as the nearest place that I trust to map is 300 miles from me.

Good to see you are running more mods than I ever will and it's still holding up!

I've got FMIC, CP-e downpipe with 200cell cat, HPFP (to be fitted), Cobb SRi. So I'm ready for a decent map :)

Was hoping to be able to get it by the end of the month, hurry up ;)
Mazda 3 MPS - 284bhp 302ft/lb torque
Dan3MPS

Post by Dan3MPS »

Have you had anyone try it out on the Australian 3 MPS? Do you need any Australian testers? I'm sure many of us over at OzMPSclub.com would be very interested in this as we can't use the Cobb AP on our cars. Many of us are using Hypertech for an out of the box solution but the next step after that are custom remaps, mainly ECUTEK based.

I've posted a thread on the Australian MPS forum here to let our community know of VersaTune's existence and ask any questions they may have:
http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/electron ... post186709

I think Versatune would go very well in Australia, great to see another tuning solution available!
Prev

Post by Prev »

Sooooooo any update lads?
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Prev wrote:Sooooooo any update lads?
"very soon"?
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

We're making the final touches. We expect it to be publicly available next week, thank you for your patience :)