Need some help here!

Installation and Usage Support
kevinlitle

Need some help here!

Post by kevinlitle »

Hi guys,

Iam kevin and i just ordered my versatune software, butt i need some help getting started.

These are the mods so far on my 2007 mazda 3 MPS;

Corksport SRI and TIP
Corksport Catback exhaust
Corksport Enginemount inserts
MME Shift Weaght
Grimmspeed 3 port BCS (Purchased for use with versatune)
Corksport Turboback exhuast (Still in the box)(Isseus with MOT here in Holland)

Iam just wondering how is the best way to start,how do i calibrate the MAF,Where can i download the tuning software (are there ready to go tune's for my setup)

As far as i now, iam the first Dutch guy who is trying Versatune.

So i need some help getting started here :). iam a mazda car mechanic but my electronic/software skills are not that great :? (i think in the back off my mind iam afraid off breaking my engine with a bad input of software caused by me offcourse)

Thanks

PS sorry for not the best english writting iam Dutch
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Need some help here!

Post by mituc »

Hey Kevin,

Probably you will be emailed soon by the Versatuner staff with the download link for the software. Just keep in mind that you will also need a J2534 port connector such as the tactrix openport or the VersaLink USB cable.

For calibrating your MAF properly you will have to take a few steps described here: http://www.versatune.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=126
Also take a look here: http://www.versatune.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=231 to see if someone shared another MAF calibration for your intake.

For now your car is basically stock, all it has is the CS intake+TIP (the cat-back doesn't really matter when tuning). So you can start with one of the base tunes once you get your MAF calibrated.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Get the MAF calibrated, then work on the load targets and boost control solenoid duty cycle values. When you replace the down pipe, you will require less BCS DC to hit the same load targets. There is a high flow DP tune that you can use as a reference for your BCS DC values.

Welcome aboard!
Your English is fine :) It's much better than my Dutch ;)
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

The only Dutch I know has been learnt in the coffee shops and red lights of Amsterdam!!
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe