VersaTuner 1.12.0 released

Global Forum and VersaTune company related announcements.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: VersaTuner 1.12.0 released

Post by mituc »

Sometimes this new version 1.12.0 fails to load the tunes to compare to, sometimes lists only one tune. As far as I can tell for some reason once you edit one of the existing tunes it changes some version in it and will display in the drop-down menu for comparison tunes only the tunes with that version. This is not right.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

While resetting a few tables back to a previous version I've got this message. If I hit the OK button it would open a new message box. I had to terminate the VT from the task manager...

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

mituc wrote:Sometimes this new version 1.12.0 fails to load the tunes to compare to, sometimes lists only one tune. As far as I can tell for some reason once you edit one of the existing tunes it changes some version in it and will display in the drop-down menu for comparison tunes only the tunes with that version. This is not right.
The way the tunes are stored in the database has been changed. In order to "upgrade" your old tunes, please open them and click "Save". That will allow them to be compared. Sorry about the inconvenience.
mituc wrote:While resetting a few tables back to a previous version I've got this message. If I hit the OK button it would open a new message box. I had to terminate the VT from the task manager...
I could not reproduce this. Could you please provide step by step instructions how I can reproduce this behavior?
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Ugnius @ VersaTune wrote: The way the tunes are stored in the database has been changed. In order to "upgrade" your old tunes, please open them and click "Save". That will allow them to be compared. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Yeah, I kind of figured out, it was just worrisome to see all tunes disappearing from the comparison list after I only saved one tune :)
Ugnius @ VersaTune wrote:I could not reproduce this. Could you please provide step by step instructions how I can reproduce this behavior?
Chose two tunes which are very different. Open one of them, and select the other one for comparison. Edit the opened tune and start resetting the value in the tables tables that, especially big tables (such as timing or fuelling tables) and after a while you will see that error.
Thinking back about it, there was some particular case: at that time there was no tune saved using the 1.12.0, I only upgraded and got back to editing a tune.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Nxnos

Post by Nxnos »

Thank you very much. Great distro
Fstrnyou

Post by Fstrnyou »

mituc wrote:While resetting a few tables back to a previous version I've got this message. If I hit the OK button it would open a new message box. I had to terminate the VT from the task manager...

I too have experienced that error. Working with large tables. Had to click OK about 100 times to get rid of all those windows.

On a side note, I don't see any OTS tunes anymore.
Fstrnyou

Post by Fstrnyou »

Interesting turn of events. I just got the above error after hitting Ctrl-A on an ignition table. VT crashed. When I opened it back up, the OTS tunes were back.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Fstrnyou wrote: I too have experienced that error. Working with large tables. Had to click OK about 100 times to get rid of all those windows.
Right-click on the Versatuer icon in the task bar and chose Close, it will ask you if you want to save the current tune, save it, and then if you click OK it will not open even more dialog boxes. Then you can go back and edit your tune without even closing VT, just remember what table were you at because that is only partially changed. it may be some undo index/array which overfills or something.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
alleks3006

Post by alleks3006 »

Добрый день! Скажите пожалуйста как работают карты Fan Control (Fan on engine coolant temperature, Fan on voltage ajustment) ?
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

alleks3006 wrote:Добрый день! Скажите пожалуйста как работают карты Fan Control (Fan on engine coolant temperature, Fan on voltage ajustment) ?

Для какого автомобиля? Карты управления вентилятором для платформ на базе двигателя MZR DISI пока полностью неработают. Мы анализируем, какие дополнительные карты нужны для полного управления.