Upload/import current tune?

Installation and Usage Support
Poachersun

Upload/import current tune?

Post by Poachersun »

Hi guys

My tuner mate is really good on mazdaedit (he personally found it easier than versatune, I still love vt) so be downloaded my versatune base and re tuned to my mods (3bar map bnrs3 3" intake dp ebcs) and he uploaded to my car. He said just download the adjusted map with versatune but I have found it doesn't have the function.

Long story short it there a way to download it using versatune? And import? This way I can still get him to remote tune and I'll flash it back in after giving him logs.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Upload/import current tune?

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

It is not possible to download the tune from the car using VersaTuner. It is based on a different concept.
A typical remote or e-tuning workflow is as follows:
1. You and your tuner install VersaTuner software on your computers.
2. Your tuner creates/edits a tune, then exports (shares) the *.vtune file and sends it to you.
3. You import the *.vtune file into your copy of VersaTuner.
4. You flash the imported tune to your car.
5. You drive around, record some logs, send them to your tuner for analysis and the process repeats from step 2.
Poachersun

Post by Poachersun »

Damn. I'll have to start from scratch again.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Didn't your tuner save the tune after he created it and flashed to your car?
Poachersun

Post by Poachersun »

Yeh but he flashed it back on with mazdaedit. He has a copy but it means we will have to find all the changes and copy them onto a versa base tune file. It was just easier for him to use his laptop and the tuning software he is used to. He looked at versa but it's useless to him since there are no tuner options available.