Possible problem after flashing 1.08 tune on Mazda 6 diesel

Installation and Usage Support
bamse1

Possible problem after flashing 1.08 tune on Mazda 6 diesel

Post by bamse1 »

Hello Guys,

A few days after flashing your newest tune available for my 2015 Mazda 6 2.2 Diesel 150HP, when I started the engine in the morning I received a message (on my board computer) saying that my key is not detected, although the engine started and ran normally. After stopping and restarting the engine the message was gone.
The next day I got another message on the main screen (multimedia screen) saying to check surroundings - the same message that I receive every time I start the engine, but that always disappears in a few seconds after starting the car. This time there was no way of getting rid of this message - I stopped and started the engine a few times, but nothing. The main screen / multimedia screen remained blocked on this message.

Since this is the second warning / error code that I receive in just a few days after installing 1.08 tune, please tell me if you suspect that this strange behavior might be related to your software and what can I do to verify the cause of these errors (maybe an OBD diagnose or something like that).

Thanks in advance for the quick reply!
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Possible problem after flashing 1.08 tune on Mazda 6 die

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Please open the DTCs tab and click "Read Codes". Let us know if you have any active trouble codes.
bamse1

Post by bamse1 »

Ok Ugnius, as soon as I get home I will connect the laptop to my car, check the DTC tab and tell you if there is any error code there..
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

The Versatuner only changes the engine calibration and nothing related to any of the comfort, access, safety or driving aids modules. So with this shitty weather around here most probably your car is dirty (which explains the proximity sensors delay), or because of the cold weather the key battery is a bit lazy (assuming that you don't keep the key in the same pocket with your mobile phone).

But as stated above just read the error code using the versatuner software and let everybody know what you found.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

While VersaTuner is reflashing the engine ECU, other control modules temporarily lose communication with it and register DTCs. After the flash is complete, VersaTuner attempts to clear DTCs from all other modules. It may be that we missed some module (depending on the options installed in the car). In that case a module might still contain a DTC and affect the operation of other modules (dependent modules don't trust the signals from control modules with DTCs).