Versa tune flash on mazdaspeed 3 ecu that was running cobb f

Installation and Usage Support
joeyfc3s

Versa tune flash on mazdaspeed 3 ecu that was running cobb f

Post by joeyfc3s »

I just purchased a modded 2008 mazdaspeed 3.I bought it from a action site and there is no background/previous info.
The car has 3 inch full exhaust/front mount/fuel pump internals/guardian angel/cold air intake/no egr/cobb boost selenoid and it looks like at some point it had a cobb access port cuase the cobb dash mount piece still there.Car has a cel for the EGR and for the most part runs decent but i want 2 get rid of the cel and run a versa tune flash.If the car indeed has a cobb flash on the ecu can i still install versa tune?I really want like the versa tune software and i am very familiar with tuning(i do my own tuning on my drag RX7)so is this possible?Thanks guys.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Versa tune flash on mazdaspeed 3 ecu that was running co

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Do you have a J2534 cable? If so, we can send you an app that can check whether your ECU is clean or can be overwritten by VersaTuner. Please email us at support [at] versatune.net
joeyfc3s

Post by joeyfc3s »

No i dont have the cable but the plan was 2 get the software and cable from you guys.
joeyfc3s

Post by joeyfc3s »

Well i do have my shop snap on scanner and if i am not mistaken uses the same cable.
joeyfc3s

Post by joeyfc3s »

Cant get it 2 work.Tried the app and no good.Key one and key 2 are locked out according 2 the app results.Somehow the app tried 2 install a stock tune but it did crashed on the middle of it and now the car is undriveble.If does starts and runs but rough.If i try 2 install versatune it crashes.Do i need a new ecu now?
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

If the car has an oversize MAF housing, it won't run right without a tune. If it starts and runs at all, the ECU is probably fine. Your first order of business is to identify exactly what parts you have on the car, especially what size MAF housing is in the CAI.
VersaTuner will allow you to put in a custom MAF calibration to accommodate a larger MAF housing.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Please write us an email with screenshots of your issues. We cannot help until we know the exact errors that are displayed.
joeyfc3s

Post by joeyfc3s »

Screenshot (59).png
Screenshot (59).png (832.86 KiB) Viewed 12000 times
Steve @ VersaTune wrote:If the car has an oversize MAF housing, it won't run right without a tune. If it starts and runs at all, the ECU is probably fine. Your first order of business is to identify exactly what parts you have on the car, especially what size MAF housing is in the CAI.
VersaTuner will allow you to put in a custom MAF calibration to accommodate a larger MAF housing.
AEM cold intake.VTS removed.CPE long downpipe with 3 inch exhaust.JBR egr delete.Corksport front mount.Corksport hfp internals.Turbosmart blow off valve recirculating with corksport hose.Cobb boost selenoid and guardian angel.The issue is that i purchased versatune and it wont install on my ecu.It does crash everytime i try 2 run it.
Attachments
Screenshot (61).png
Screenshot (61).png (324.74 KiB) Viewed 12000 times
Screenshot (60).png
Screenshot (60).png (324.74 KiB) Viewed 12000 times