After advice before buying versatune.

Installation and Usage Support
rgw292

After advice before buying versatune.

Post by rgw292 »

Just after some advice to see if versatune is right for me.

I have a 2009 gen 1 3 mps. I have bought and have ready to fit a full corksport catless turbo back and a cork sport HPFP.

The car currently has from the previous owner a HKS racing suction intake and a turbosmart bpv set 50/50 and the spring wound all the way hard. Apart from that the car is standard.

I have no mapping or ecu tuning knowledge.

I would like to know if it's possable to use versatune to be able to run the turbo back without any issues and no engine management lights for the lack of a cat.

Also how easy would it be for me to get all the mods I have running well together, is it as easy as dragging and dropping a few files to take a map and stick it on my ecu or do I need to do a lot of reading and learning to actually make all my own adjustments to my own map.

Thanks in advanced for any help and advise, I'm just trying to make sure this is the right thing for me before I buy.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: After advice before buying versatune.

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Based on your mods you should be able to use the prebuilt tune "Base 93US_98EU Octane High Load with High Flow Down Pipe". It is designed for high flow cats or catless downpipes.
The tune can be installed by clicking "Next" several times in a wizard style interface and should work well without any adjustments. Later as you gain knowledge and experience you can use the Tune Editor to make small incremental changes to the tune to extract even more power.
The DTCs related to the absence of the catalytic converter can be disabled by marking a checkbox "Installed a catless downpipe" in the Tune Customizer window.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Once you install the CS HPFP piston post a set of logs with this tune Ugnius suggested.
The BPV should ideally stay in full recirc with the spring pre-loaded at a softer setting, not all the way hard. That if you want efficiency and performance.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
rgw292

Post by rgw292 »

Thanks for the info guys, sounds like versatune will be what I'm looking for. Think I'll wait till November to buy it as I'm in no rush and have a couple of other little bits to buy first, also hoping for the yearly black Friday deal on here. Fingers crossed.