Issues doing anything with logs after windows update.

Installation and Usage Support
Bigmike7645

Issues doing anything with logs after windows update.

Post by Bigmike7645 »

My laptop did an automatic windows update either Monday or Tuesday of this week, so 5/21 or 5/22. Ever since this update I get SQLite errors whenever I attempt to view or delete a log, even ones I've just recorded and saved. No issues opening, editing, or flashing tunes. No issues viewing data on the dashboard or recording/saving the log. The issue comes in when I try to load or delete a log file.

It's about an 8ish year old laptop, and I've closed out of everything, restarted versatuner, and rebooted the laptop...problem persists. I'm going to do a system restore to an earlier date in the morning and see if that helps.

Any other ideas or pointers are more than welcome. I know my way around a computer pretty good, but I'm no programmer or code writer by any means.
Bigmike7645

Re: Issues doing anything with logs after windows update.

Post by Bigmike7645 »

Did a system restore....no luck. It appears the local sql database is corrupt. Any pointers on how to fix this?
Bigmike7645

Post by Bigmike7645 »

I tried to copy and paste the database to a thumb drive and got the same sql error i/o message that I get in versatuner.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Export all your tunes if you did not do that already.
From the Versatuner settings click on the Go to the Versatuner data folder (or however that is called). Leave the windows explorer instance with that folder open close versatuner, and rename the LocalData.vtdb file.

Start versatuner again and see if this fixes the issue, even though it will empty your tune database (you can easily import them).
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP