Emulating Versatuner on OS's other than Windows

Installation and Usage Support
kiwiginger

Emulating Versatuner on OS's other than Windows

Post by kiwiginger »

This might be a bit of a long shot, but has anyone had any luck at emulating Versatuner successfully (and practically) on Android or OSX?
I'm in the market for a new laptop but the Android Tablets seems to be taking my liking considering my budget. Would really like a Surface Pro but my already stretched budget only allows for expensive car parts and Wedding expenses :biggrin2 .

I know the developers are looking into making a proper version running on android, but they need time and can't give an exact release date

I've also heard and had many programs running on Wine before when I was playing around on Linux at one stage, but that OS seems too far fetched.

Look forward to hearing from you

:EDIT:
http://www.versatune.net/forum/viewtopi ... =11&t=1093
Looks like its not "officially" supported and has turned to custard in some situations :jawdrop
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Emulating Versatuner on OS's other than Windows

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

I don't think it would be an easy task, VersaTuner is quite dependent on Windows technologies internally.
A proper Android app is the ultimate goal, but in the meantime you can find some affordable Windows or dual boot Windows/Android tablets. The cheapest ones sell for $69 on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/NuVision-Touchsc ... B01MYZEPGP

These specs are enough to run VersaTuner for data logging or flashing. You will need a bigger screen to use the tune editor.
BlueKnight

Post by BlueKnight »

I know this is a really old thread but with the consistent advances in android tablets, and the convenience of a lighter weight device ... has there been any progress on a native android version of VersaTuner?
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

No news there, sorry.