2017+ 2.5L Skyactiv ?

Installation and Usage Support
Jazee

2017+ 2.5L Skyactiv ?

Post by Jazee »

I've got a 2019 CX-5 (non turbo) 2.5L. My understanding is the ODB2 devices out there don't really provide any significant performance benefit. I'd like to get a bit more HP and torque for towing my motorcyle. After scouring the Internet for hours, it appears there is no tuning option for this engine. Seems you need to use Mazdaedit (or similar) and I can't find anyone that will sell me a package to do it remotely that supports my engine. So is this currently a dead end? I think the issue is, typically this is not a car with a large percentage of owners looking for performance improvements comared to say MX-5 owners so it the demand doesn't justify the cost of developing and testing a reprogram for a CX-5.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: 2017+ 2.5L Skyactiv ?

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

At the moment we do not support the 2.5l CX-5, but we hope to add support for it in the future.
All SkyActiv-G engines are quite similar and once we crack one of those (we are currently fighting load limiters on Mazda MX-5), we should be able to add support for all others rather easily.
Please follow our Facebook page or check our website https://www.versatuner.com to get the latest news.