free edition , erratic values

Installation and Usage Support
p.k.b.a.1981

free edition , erratic values

Post by p.k.b.a.1981 »

hello i just got a cx-7 . and will soon buy the full version, i downloaded the free version just to log , and i got these weird values , did i have to press INSTALL on car , even in the free version? . i just connected and pressed log
car stationary at idle no throttle and the throttle value was going 0,-10 , 29
manifold pressure and load also
map voltage 20v then 2 volts
all these with the car idling
i must INSTALL it to the car , eve if its the free version?
thanx for any replies
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: free edition , erratic values

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Looks like you are using the demo version. The demo version uses random data to display the user experience of the app.
To get VersaTuner Free, please choose your car here:
https://www.versatuner.com/#vehicles

Then scroll down until you see VersaTuner Free, VersaTuner Lite and VersaTuner products. Click Select next to VersaTuner Free and complete the process to create an account and get VersaTuner Free.
p.k.b.a.1981

Post by p.k.b.a.1981 »

thank you , i will buy the tuner version today , because i ll be trying to fix the low rpm 1500-2300 low throttle/load jerkiness most cx7 drivers experience , some reported that updating to the last mazda version software remedied the problem , question , if i install versatuner and then update the ecu at a mazda delaership in greece , and they install a newer version (original owner never went for the upgrade just learned to live with the problem) will i have problems losing my versatuner license? maybe i ll go to the dealers first see if there are any updates and then install versatuner ?
thank you
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

VersaTuner completely overwrites the entire software on the ECU. There is no point going to the dealership if you are planning to install VersaTuner later, because it will overwrite whatever the dealer installs. If you could get the calibration ID of the updated Mazda software, I can check whether it is the one that VersaTuner uses.