Missing features in VersaTuner

Installation and Usage Support
EmPeEs6

Re: Missing features in VersaTuner

Post by EmPeEs6 »

Since I'm currently tuning for an E85 mix, it would be very helpful to have access to the fuel scalar value (in addition to the FSG parameter)!

In my opinion it's really time to launch a new (at least minor) version/release because there are a lot of potential improvements, which should be implemented easily,
and which would mean a great benefit for VT and its user community!

BTW: Meanwhile the info from Ugnius about the planned "big update" is already 1/2 year old, so it's really time for some news...
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Fueling -> Fuel Specific Gravity.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
EmPeEs6

Post by EmPeEs6 »

mituc wrote:Fueling -> Fuel Specific Gravity.
I know this setting, but as I wrote above this FSG is not sufficient to adjust for an E-mix. There's a second parameter, the fuel scalar, which has to be adjusted, too.
sidekick

Post by sidekick »

crashdan wrote:Any news on a update? WOuld be nice
Would be great... I'm starting to give up on Versatuner at this point, to be honest. I really liked that it was Mazda only and therefore development would be more focused than Cobb, but there hasn't been an update in a LONG time and it is missing some features and lacks some functionality compared to ATR. The worst part is that I'm stuck with a ~$400 dollar software license that I can't resell if I decide to jump ship. :banghead I'm sure that the developers are busy, but for us it feels like you guys may have given up on updating VT any further. It's coming up on 2 years since the last update and we keep hearing there is updates coming, but no date or any news.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

It's a long wait for the new promised features. A too long wait. I guess what's keeping us around is the fact that everything works properly and as promised. And this is provided in full.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Sorry about the wait guys, we're in the final stages of releasing the update. Once we hear that everything works fine from our beta testers, you will get some sexy new features. We have also changed our internal processes and you will receive new updates much more frequently from now on.
crashdan

Post by crashdan »

Ugnius @ VersaTune wrote:Sorry about the wait guys, we're in the final stages of releasing the update. Once we hear that everything works fine from our beta testers, you will get some sexy new features. We have also changed our internal processes and you will receive new updates much more frequently from now on.
THats good to hear if its true :bouncinggrins
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

The update is finally here! Check your emails for download links.
Thank you for your patience, please let us know what you think about the new features.
EmPeEs6

Post by EmPeEs6 »

I just installed the new release and had a glance on the obvious changes - here's my first impression:
- The look and feel / user interface isn't as user friendly as before (the former, yellow background color resulted in a better contrast for reading)
- There are no new tables accessible!? At least I couldn't find any at first sight...For example (as mentioned in a former post) it would be great to have access to the injecor fuel scalar in order to simplify the tuning process for E85-mixes dramatically.
- There are still just 12 log parameters possible which is much too low!
All in all I would say, there are some nice improvements (comparison function, automatic save option...), but imo it's more like a minor upgrade.
Last edited by EmPeEs6 on November 3rd, 2014, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

I am working on an E-85 tuning how-to. Any new tables required for E-85 will be included in the next release.

MegaSpool and Torque Limit Elimination were major efforts with custom ECU code that required a lot of testing before being rolled out.

We expect to have more regular updates now.