Can't use third party hotkey tool to start/stop logging data

Installation and Usage Support
suchamoneypit

Can't use third party hotkey tool to start/stop logging data

Post by suchamoneypit »

Im trying to use a app called Macro Deck. You download an app on android (my cars radio) and a server app on windows. You link over wifi, and then you can configure touch hotkeys on the android device. Im trying to use this so I can have large touch buttons to control logging with versatuner. I've noticed Macro Deck works on the computer, and in chrome, but versatuner will not accept the inputs. I can hit space in chrome on my radio, and it will add a space and accept the input. If I open versatuner, and hit the hotkey in the app, versatuner does nothing. If I hit space on my keyboard directly, Versatuner accepts that input and starts logging. So it seems the apps is functioning fine with other applications on my PC, but specifically not working with versatuner.

Is the program maybe coded in a way that might be blocking this secondary keyboard input? Why would the inputs work on my other apps, but not versatuner specifically? If this app worked, it would make street tuning significantly easier for me.
2011 Mazdaspeed3
Street Unit TMIC - Cobb SRI - Cobb Catback - Corksport BPV - HPFP - Cobb RMM - Rear seat/sub/spare tire delete - Rays Mazdaspeed Forged Alu. Wheels - 1 mazdaspeed sticker (+10hp)
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Can't use third party hotkey tool to start/stop logging

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

I have installed the app and I found that it works fine if you set the focus to the dashboard area. Just click anywhere on the dashboard to make it focused. There are many ways to send keystrokes to an app in Windows and Macro Deck seems to use one that directs the keystrokes to the active area of the window.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

We have updated how the dashboard page is loaded and now it seems that Macro Deck is working without the need to click the dashboard area. This fix will be included in the next update.
suchamoneypit

Post by suchamoneypit »

Ugnius @ VersaTune wrote:We have updated how the dashboard page is loaded and now it seems that Macro Deck is working without the need to click the dashboard area. This fix will be included in the next update.
Thank you for taking a look! I think my issue is I was clicking on the header for the window at the top, which doesn't actually make the window active. I made sure to click in the lower dashboard area, and Macro Deck began working with Versatuner. Made taking a log so much easier. I can set up my laptop closed in a bag, with a cable tucked out of the way, using the touchpad on my already existing Android Radio I don't even have to take my eyes off the road or think about it, I can just tap in the corner of my radio and do a quick WOT log.
2011 Mazdaspeed3
Street Unit TMIC - Cobb SRI - Cobb Catback - Corksport BPV - HPFP - Cobb RMM - Rear seat/sub/spare tire delete - Rays Mazdaspeed Forged Alu. Wheels - 1 mazdaspeed sticker (+10hp)