not enough additional bytes in response

Installation and Usage Support
Feichtl

Post by Feichtl »

Hi there,

tried to install VersaTune on my Mazda MX-5 ND (MK4). After updating Versa Tuner to latest version, that supports my ECU, i get following error:

I#m using the suggested OBDLink SX cable. Are there special settings for the com-port, that might cause this error?

Thx for any help.

Werner
VersaTuneError.jpg
VersaTuneError.jpg (270.04 KiB) Viewed 5578 times
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: not enough additional bytes in response

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

As we diagnosed by email, this seems to be a driver issue. OBDLink SX usually doesn't require any special drivers and works fine with the drivers that are built in Windows 10. There seems to be some configuration that prevents OBDLink SX from working normally for some users. We have not yet identified what exactly needs to be changed to fix the issue, but usually everything works fine on a freshly installed PC.
Feichtl

Post by Feichtl »

Solved, before approved in the forum. It's been a driver issue on my notebook. Installed everything on another notebook and it worked.

If someone else has the same problem: Either you can fix the driver problem or change the notebook (or whatever you use)

By the way: outstanding support by @Ugnius!
Dudevo

Post by Dudevo »

I only have one notebook, so how do I solve the driver issue? Is there a way to reinstall them.