How to find current tune installed on car

Installation and Usage Support
chilli6565

How to find current tune installed on car

Post by chilli6565 »

Just wanted to know how I can see in VersaTuner what is my current tune installed on my car is ? :D
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: How to find current tune installed on car

Post by mituc »

No you can't... Basically Versatuner or any tuning software will get all those calibration tables, will encode them in a format that the ECU tune will understand and then will write that thing into the ECU.
There is no calibration versioning for the data written into the ECU flash memory so even reading the whole thing and deconding it back will have to go through a comparison process with all the tunes you have in your tune database on the device you used for reading (which is not that hard I think but requires further coding and it's not something that defines the purpose of the software).

Personally I know that on the car I always have the latest tune I exported as a file. Even if I change something to a tune, I flash it, I don't like it and I want to put the previous one back, instead I create a new version and I revert the change I did not like.
I guess that's one of the reasons my I have like 200+ tunes that piled up in my tunes folder but over time I found this to be the easiest way (right after modifying the last tune and flashing it because I forgot I did not like the change and flashed an older one instead, so I ended up with the tune I didn't like plus some other nasty things I wanted to test and the resulted behavior has harder to interpret).
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
chilli6565

Re: How to find current tune installed on car

Post by chilli6565 »

mituc,
Thanks for the info, sounds like the best way to go about it
Chilli