Out of activations

Installation and Usage Support
Enki

Out of activations

Post by Enki »

I have two devices, my desktop, which I actually use to look at logs and adjust the tune that goes on my car, and my tablet that I use to log and flash with.

I occasionally refresh my desktop with a clean install, and in order to get back up and running, I have to re-auth my desktop install. I've done this again recently, but forgot that I need to copy the database over so I can see what codes I have disabled on the car. I've done that this morning, and was asked to re-auth, which I attempted, and got the attached error.

My main question is, if the software is tied to the VIN, is there any reason to limit the number of installs on the software?

Secondarily, can my number of installs be increased so I can continue to use the software?

Thanks.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (18.98 KiB) Viewed 3028 times
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Out of activations

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

The limit of activations is there to help us detect possible cases of abuse of our licensing system. Please email us and we will clear your old activations.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Out of activations

Post by mituc »

I had the same problem after reinstalling the OS in a virtual machine several times. Just send an email to the support@ address and they will reset this counter for you.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP