Stock backup

Installation and Usage Support
Jpk

Stock backup

Post by Jpk »

Am I able to import the data from the backup when installing versatune into an actual tune
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Stock backup

Post by mituc »

No, the firmware image along with the calibration data is stored as a binary file altogether. However all the "stock tune" for all the existing CPU calibrations are the actual calibrations extracted from factory ECUs with that version/calibration, so rest assured when you flash your car with a "stock tune" for your ECU it's actually the stock tune you had on the car before it was ever tuned.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

When you install does versatune install over your existing map or does it replace my map with the stock version it has on file. Part of the reason I am asking is that I had my ECU reflashed with a map id paid for pre versatune days and flippantly tried to install versatune expecting it to reject the installation if it detected a different tuning method already used, but it didn't and installed. Have I now got versatune software installed over my remapped ECU, and if not, if I uninstall it will my ECU be back to its remapped state
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Your previous tune has been backed up by VersaTuner and completely replaced with our base ROM based on stock firmware. If you click the Return Car to Stock button, your previous tune will be restored from the backup.
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

Thankyou
tophe88

Post by tophe88 »

How to import my stock tune for edit, i have only a .BCK file ??
And the file is not valid for import tune.

And for exemple if i load a easyflash tune for compare
I have some bold value, but the value is always identical with all tune that i want compare
Last edited by tophe88 on May 6th, 2022, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

The stock tune cannot be edited. You will have to start with the stock tune or one of the prebuilt tunes.
You can select what you want to compare the tune with in the toolbar. If you hover the mouse pointer over a bold (changed) value, you will see the original value.