Stock tune back up and restore

Installation and Usage Support
triology

Stock tune back up and restore

Post by triology »

I have a few questions about stock tune back up and restoration.

When the software was first launched and installed, the initial setup took about an hour to create a back up of the stock tune.

1. When I go ahead and restore this stock tune, does this actually restore the "original" stock tune that the car had exactly and not a "modified" stock tune provided by versatuner if that makes sense?

2. Does the stock tune that VersaTuner back up includes everything as far as checksum and cvn (assuming those can be backed up and restored) ?

3. I want to save the back up onto another PC so I won't lose it, where and what files should be copied?

I am asking because I am in California and there the new law states any non carb compliant ECU tune will fail smog test. So I want to make sure it will pass by just restoring the stock tune prior to the test.

Thanks!
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Stock tune back up and restore

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

1. VersaTuner fully restores the original stock tune that it backed up during the first installation.
2. Yes
3. Open VersaTuner settings and click "Open VersaTuner Data Folder..." The backup is named [VIN].bck

Even if you lose your backup, VersaTuner contains unmodified stock tunes for all supported models and it will use them when you return to stock.
triology

Re: Stock tune back up and restore

Post by triology »

Ugnius @ VersaTune wrote: December 9th, 2021, 5:27 am 1. VersaTuner fully restores the original stock tune that it backed up during the first installation.
2. Yes
3. Open VersaTuner settings and click "Open VersaTuner Data Folder..." The backup is named [VIN].bck

Even if you lose your backup, VersaTuner contains unmodified stock tunes for all supported models and it will use them when you return to stock.
Thanks for replying! Another quick question, can those data such as CVN, checksum and others be viewed via Versatuner software?