Clearing DTC Error

Installation and Usage Support
jpagatz

Clearing DTC Error

Post by jpagatz »

Gen3 2018 Mazda 3 2018 2.5L

Soooo I was flashing the car back to stock since I needed to go to the dealership for an oil change in the morning, but my laptop decided to blue screen during the “clearing DTC’s” process. I freaked the fk out. Once my laptop turned back on I flashed the VersaTune Tune to see if there would be any issues. The flash was successful but I had this issue during “clearing dtc’s. Then I tried to return it back to stock which was successful, but the DTC issue occurred again. The car started just fine with no dash lights. What should I do? Have emailed Steve from VersaTuner

Error Message
"Error when clearing DTCs ECU: 737, message: Error when clearing DTCs, ECU: 737, incorrect communications mode specified."
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Clearing DTC Error

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Thank you for reporting that, we will fix the issue in a future update.
Glamisman

Re: Clearing DTC Error

Post by Glamisman »

depending on the hardware/software used at the dealership, year make and model of car you may or may not be “getting away” with anything. The PCM may record the date and odometer mileage when the last time the PCM tune was modified. If there is a warranty motor/trans issue and the software shows that the PCM was restored yesterday and 5 miles ago, well, they can and will deny any warranty service. Quite a few garage tuners will mod the PCM, raise the rev limit RPM, damage the motor, return the tune to stock and attempt a warranty claim.