Older versatune versions

Installation and Usage Support
Jpk

Older versatune versions

Post by Jpk »

Hi does anyone have the .exe or download file of earlier versatune versions, preferably 1.13.6.0. I've reached out to support for a download link but not getting any reply. I'm basically trying to install versatune back onto my car when it had the previous ECU calibration/definitions for my car.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Older versatune versions

Post by mituc »

I do have older versions and I can provide them to you, but what are you actually trying to do? If you still have the old database it will work just fine with the latest version of VT...
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

The older versions contained the ECU calibration version G which I'd like for the backbone of my tunes. It appears that Mazda changed the behaviour of the egr to be open much more in the later H calibration as part of a spurious intake shutter recall in July 2019 which is contributing the more carbon buildups and higher egts. It's likely they did it as a preventative measure in the wake of the dieselgate emissions scandal.

I was going to use pcm flash but ugnius said the changes would be lost when reinstalling the current versions with the updated calibration.
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

My car is a 2016 skyactiv d by the way. I was hoping I could install the older version on my pc then copy the files in the definitions folder, delete the current files on the current version of versatune, then copy them in. Is it these files where the OEM calibration is stored?
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

As far as I remember at that version the ECU definitions were still built in, and the install file size confirms it:

Code: Select all

bbhome 10:04:39 (Mituc):~/Documents/Mazda/tuning/VT/MPS>ls -alh VersaTuner-1.13*.exe
-rwxr--r-- 1 Mituc BlackBlue 277M Dec 22  2019 VersaTuner-1.13.126.exe
-rwxr--r-- 1 Mituc BlackBlue 299M Mar 16  2020 VersaTuner-1.13.142.exe
-rwxr--r-- 1 Mituc BlackBlue 301M Mar 25  2020 VersaTuner-1.13.144.exe
-rwxr--r-- 1 Mituc BlackBlue 296M May 26  2020 VersaTuner-1.13.160.exe
-rwxr--r-- 1 Mituc BlackBlue 296M Jun  2  2020 VersaTuner-1.13.162.exe
-rwxr--r-- 1 Mituc BlackBlue 304M Sep 18  2020 VersaTuner-1.13.173.exe
-rwxr--r-- 1 Mituc BlackBlue 308M Oct  2  2020 VersaTuner-1.13.183.exe
-rwxr--r-- 1 Mituc BlackBlue 195M Mar  6  2019 VersaTuner-1.13.29.exe
-rw------- 1 Mituc BlackBlue 170M Jul 11  2018 VersaTuner-1.13.6.exe
-rwxr--r-- 1 Mituc BlackBlue 245M Aug  3  2019 VersaTuner-1.13.85.exe
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

All the below versions seem to be earlier than the recall date, just unsure if the first 2 contain the post recall calibration with them stating updated revisions in the release notes. If you could please send me a link to download 1.13.39.0 & 1.13.6.0 I'll install both and monitor the egr values in forscan with the the base tune installed.

Version 1.13.39.0
3/29/2019

NEW FEATURES
- VersaTuner Lite and VersaTuner Free editions
- OBDLink SX support (beta)
- Improved stability when using OBDLink LX/MX Bluetooth
- Updated these SkyActiv-D ECU calibrations to the latest official version: SH6S, SHBM, SHAH

FIXES
- Corrected coil dwell scaling and limits on Series I and II Mazda RX-8

Version 1.13.29.0
1/17/2019

NEW FEATURES
- Added "Catalyst temperature" parameter to Gen 1 and Gen 2 Mazda RX-8 platforms
- Added support for different new ECU calibrations
- Updated these SkyActiv-D ECU calibrations to the latest official version: SH3E, SH7R, SH12, SH5L, SH4K

FIXES
- Table values of variably sized tables were incorrectly interpolated when flashing a tune straight from the online tune DB on Gen 1 Mazda RX-8 platform
- VersaTuner application icons were not shown on some versions of Windows 10

Version 1.13.6.0
7/10/2018

NEW FEATURES
- Possibility to edit the axis values (where technically possible) to accommodate turbocharged/supercharged, high load or high RPM applications
- Automatically rescale table values after editing the axis for easy tuning
- Automatic updates - never miss a VersaTuner update in the future
- New license activation procedure
- Possibility to work with multiple cars and tuning platforms using one license
- User portal on www.versatuner.com - manage your VersaTuner licenses, download latest setup packages and update your contact details
- Added support for flashing with OBDLink LX/MX bluetooth interfaces (be careful when flashing over a wireless interface)
- Optimized ELM327 and OBDLink LX/MX interface performance
- Possibility to display "My Tunes" in a grid with sorting and filtering capabilities
- It is possible to quickly find a DTC that you want to disable in tune customizer
- Launch control and no lift shift rev limits can now be set up to 10000 RPM
- VersaTuner setup packages and libraries are now digitally signed for higher security
- Online tune database is loaded faster and works with all firewalls

Gen 1 AND Gen 2 MAZDA RX-8
- Flash counter is not incremented when flashing with VersaTuner, you can reflash your ECU many hundreds of times without locking it
- Added new, renamed existing fuel tables and updated their descriptions

Gen 1 MZR DISI
- Added the possibility to disable the DTCs P2096, P2097, as well as some others

FIXES
- Corrected Equivalence Ratio parameter to use ISO parameter and scaling for all DISI and RX-8 platforms
- Fixed the issue when some Gen 2 Mazda 3 MPS vehicles would require multiple attempts to complete a reflash
- Fixed the problem when trying to read DTCs from advanced keyless entry module on gen 1 Mazda RX-8
- Fixed the scaling for Charge Air Cooler Temperature B1S2 parameter on SkyActiv-D platforms
- Fixed an issue when trying to copy and paste values between tables of different size in the Tune Editor