"Vehicle response has a non-matching service ID." error

Installation and Usage Support
ericdand

"Vehicle response has a non-matching service ID." error

Post by ericdand »

I'm finally getting around to flashing my RX-8 with VersaTuner but I'm getting an error at the end of the flashing process:

The error message says "Vehicle response has a non-matching service ID." I suspect this is because I also have a small piggyback board connected to the CAN bus which controls my gauge cluster and changes how the gauges display (it's the "RX8 Accurate Gauge Kit" from Rotarytronics: https://www.rotarytronics.com/product/r ... deluxe-kit), and it polls the bus regularly to get the current coolant temperature.

I also get the same error when recording with the "Dashboard" feature, though it runs about 10-15 seconds before throwing the error.

Am I correct in my guess that it's the gauge kit piggyback causing the issue? If so, is there a way to tell VersaTuner to ignore these extra messages on the bus? They can be safely discarded, but the program gets quite upset whenever it happens.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: "Vehicle response has a non-matching service ID." error

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Yes, the error is definitely caused by your gauges. Please disconnect them temporarily while you reflash the vehicle or use the dashboard.