Crackle N Pop tune Problems

Installation and Usage Support
Woozy

Crackle N Pop tune Problems

Post by Woozy »

Hello I have a 2014 Mazda Auto trans 2.5 engine

I am currently running the crackle and pop tune and I am muffler delete and second cat deletes as well I can hear the pops but I have to tap the gas at any point to get them it doesn't do it on downshift automatically or anything like that it only does it when my foot comes off the pedal and I was wondering if there was a way to fix this?
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Crackle N Pop tune Problems

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Currently you need to have the accelerator slightly pressed in to get crackles and pops on the SkyActiv-G engine. If you release the accelerator pedal completely, the ECU will shut off fuel and no crackles will be produced. When you downshift, don't release the accelerator completely, keep it pressed in just a few percent.
We might be able to offer a better solution in the future once we figure out how to prevent fuel cut on deceleration.
aaron_cx3

Re: Crackle N Pop tune Problems

Post by aaron_cx3 »

Ugnius @ VersaTune wrote: December 7th, 2023, 7:36 am We might be able to offer a better solution in the future once we figure out how to prevent fuel cut on deceleration.
That would be awesome because currently it’s really tricky to make it crackle, especially while driving 😁
If we can test something for you please let us/me know :)