Flat foot shifting on nd miata

Installation and Usage Support
Ppboomer

Flat foot shifting on nd miata

Post by Ppboomer »

Hello I am a complete nine to tuning and wanted my first task to be enabling flat foot shifting. If this is possible how would I go about getting it set up
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Flat foot shifting on nd miata

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Do you have an ND or ND2?
magebolt

Post by magebolt »

Hijacking this thread just to ask if the goodies the ND2 recently got will be available to the ND with the personal lite license.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Yes, ND will come next. VersaTuner Lite will be enough to use launch control and no lift shifting.
Mater36

Post by Mater36 »

Flat foot shifting on an ND2 how does it work? Is the rpm and shift cut configurable? I want to one day wire the clutch switch to a shift knob switch on a sequential transmission for clutchless shifting. Will that be possible?
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Mater36 wrote: April 15th, 2024, 2:04 pm Flat foot shifting on an ND2 how does it work? Is the rpm and shift cut configurable? I want to one day wire the clutch switch to a shift knob switch on a sequential transmission for clutchless shifting. Will that be possible?
No lift shift (flat foot shift) dynamically reduces the factory rev limiters to your specified values when you depress the clutch with the accelerator pedal above 98% and the vehicle moving faster than 9 km/h.
You can adjust the rev limiters (throttle close and fuel cut), minimum speed, minimum accelerator pedal position and you can also enable MegaSpool, which retards the ignition timing while NLS/FFS is active. This allows you to spin up a large turbo, if you have one, so that you don't lose boost pressure while shifting.
We have not investigated sequential transmissions, so we cannot provide a definitive answer, but if all you need to do is lower the RPM while the shift button is pressed, wiring it to the clutch switch and enabling NLS would provide a similar behavior.