available tunes

Installation and Usage Support
MPSdriver

available tunes

Post by MPSdriver »

I've got a question about the "Base 93US/98EU Octane - Grimmspeed Interrupt v2.01" map.

I've read the thread on EBCS' on this forum but I wonder what the specific advantages are when running an EBCS in combination with this map over the "Base 93US/98EU Octane" map?
I'm not fond on boost spikes and I wonder whether running an EBCS would control boost with less spikes?
I'm running a stock DP but I've got an upgrade TMIC and catback so I guess these maps are adequate for my setup?

PS. I haven't purchased the software yet, but I will once the funds are available ;)
PPS. It would be nice to add some datalogs to the available tunes section so you could assess the impact of the maps a little better, ideally dyno charts but I guess that's pushing it :D
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Re: available tunes

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

The aftermarket boost control solenoids such as Grimmspeed or Perrin have more flow potential and can bleed more air. So, within the limits of the small stock wastegate, the aftermarket solenoids allow faster boost control response. They also enable plumbing in interrupt mode which also provides faster boost control.

The main difference between those tunes is the base BCS duty cycle.
dave.

available tunes

Post by dave. »

Steve, I've got one of these en route, but for my 3 MPS (Im in the UK, should be here by Christmas!). Will the already released maps run on the 3 as well? I'm hoping I can use the grim speed in interrupt mode with one of the available tunes out already, once it's released for the 3
MPSdriver

Post by MPSdriver »

"faster boost control response"
Does this mean that boost response is going to oscillate less due to the faster response thus causing less spiking or am I way off?
What would be the benefit for the driver running an EBCS and map versus the stock solenoid, I mean how would one notice the difference?
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

There should be less tendency to spike. Interrupt mode also ensures that the WGA sees NO pressure when you are trying to build boost.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

The tunes will be similar, but not the same. The 3 MPS is lighter and FWD, so the tunes will need to take that into account.

The BCS DC changes for the Grimmspeed solenoid should be the same, so a 3 MPS tune for the Grimmspeed should be easy to produce.
dave. wrote:Steve, I've got one of these en route, but for my 3 MPS (Im in the UK, should be here by Christmas!). Will the already released maps run on the 3 as well? I'm hoping I can use the grim speed in interrupt mode with one of the available tunes out already, once it's released for the 3
dave.

available tunes

Post by dave. »

Ok makes sense, any news on release as yet?