Recently bought a Versatuner, have a question

Installation and Usage Support
GRemezov

Recently bought a Versatuner, have a question

Post by GRemezov »

Hello gents!
Just paid for the Versatuner under the sweet special offer and thank you for that by the way!
Just, being on the long business trip to China, I will not be able to try Versatuner on my car before, maybe, the February. :banghead
Therefore, the question is, will Versatuner be able to override the previous ECU tunes (if any) made by previous owner of the car?
I have some doubts if the tune is stock and no chance to clarify.
CX-7 Gen1 (USA Spec.)
Corksport TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Test Pipe, NGK LTR7IX-11, TD05H-18G, 3-port solenoid, 3Bar MAP.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Recently bought a Versatuner, have a question

Post by mituc »

If there's a tune and the ECU is locked the versatuner may not be able to overwrite that.
However, if really really necessary that can be fixed at a mazda dealer or by anyone who has the right tools for this.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
GRemezov

Post by GRemezov »

Thank you for your reply. I thought non of the Mazda dealers can restore to default conditions the locked ECU, especially with our dealers in Russia. I heard that AP has the build-in tool to overwrite the CPE and Piasini (most commonly used for CX-7 in Russia as I know) locks and was curious if VT had the same. But anyway I have to try first and than to start a panic. :screwy
CX-7 Gen1 (USA Spec.)
Corksport TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Test Pipe, NGK LTR7IX-11, TD05H-18G, 3-port solenoid, 3Bar MAP.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

If the security keys and bootloader have been changed, neither VersaTuner nor Mazda IDS can overwrite it. We can overwrite some third party tuning solutions, but it depends on the degree to which the security access has been modified.

Any ECUTek dealer can uninstall an ECUTek tune. I'm not sure about Piasini.
GRemezov

Post by GRemezov »

Steve, thank you for the explanation!
So, I will try first and will reply to the current theme after.
CX-7 Gen1 (USA Spec.)
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Piasini was EcuTEK based as far as I remember. Well, it was so at least when they were blowing engines back in 2009-2011, not sure if they changed anything later. So this can be fixed at any ecutek dealer. I'm not sure what happens if you have a hypertech tune and the hypertech programmer is not available any more...
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP