DTC disable function is not working as expected

Installation and Usage Support
Walle

Re: DTC disable function is not working as expected

Post by Walle »

a particular would be on an RX-8 on top mount Turbo installs for example. disabling the OMP fuel pump altogether. without it detected it goes to safe mode.

in my particular case it is removal of catalytic converter and removal of rear O2 sensor altogether, and removal of the air pump (the one used while engine is cold) since its a race car. but I am annoyed by fault codes associated to all that as the car has an obd reader / monitor for different parameter installed and it automatically pulls engine codes as warning as well.

but the plan is to go turbo in near future and I will have the above problem (the only workaround is to relocate the pump and have it wired in but non functioning (its not a small piece of equipment in busy engine bay).
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Well, I guess your situation is a perfect candidate for a stand-alone.
However if you disable the DTCs associated with the pump the car should not go into limp mode unless there is something hardcoded in the ECU firmware to do so. You can try disconnecting it now, see what DTCs you get and disable them.
Having the secondary O2 removed is not a problem, I have this done on my CX7 because I wanted to run leaner than stoich AFRs during cruising. Also removing the catalytic converters is not a problem either.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Walle

Post by Walle »

mituc wrote: September 4th, 2021, 4:42 am Having the secondary O2 removed is not a problem, I have this done on my CX7 because I wanted to run leaner than stoich AFRs during cruising. Also removing the catalytic converters is not a problem either.
yeap I fully agree with this. it is just so annoying to constantly keep seeing these. and having to remember that they are not problematic.

for the pump I can test later. when I have it installed :bouncinggrins viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1058&p=15431#p15431