Versatune on replacement pc

Installation and Usage Support
moggies

Versatune on replacement pc

Post by moggies »

Hi all
I have had to install Versatune on another pc as the original was unstable and likely to fail during a flash.
Do I need to install Versatune on the car again before a flash, as it has previously been done with the old pc?
Thanks
MPS6
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Versatune on replacement pc

Post by mituc »

Install it on the new PC and then copy over the content of the versatuner folder from the first pc to the new one.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Just to add to what mituc said, you do not need to install VersaTuner on the car again.
You can find VersaTuner data folder by opening settings (gear icon in the top right corner) and clicking "Open VersaTuner Data Folder..."
It contains your tunes, settings, backup of your factory tune, etc.
moggies

Post by moggies »

Thanks guys, appreciate it and sorry for the delayed answer.
MPS6
JPVaccaro

Post by JPVaccaro »

Mine failed DURING the installation of Versatune. Maybe a voltage issue, okay. But I've been chasing the solution for this with Steve and Bryan. Battery disconnected, capacitors drained, trickle charger connected now, still the same issues. My laptop is fine, but I bought a brand new one anyway! Haven't yet tried the new PC, but I'm not optimistic. I think my ECU is hosed, and even the Versatune app message says it "could be locked after failed flash attempts." I was told to just try flashing it with the new PC, but I don't think the Versatune software is on the ECM, so shouldn't I just start over and install Versatune?
wcs

Post by wcs »

Ugnius @ VersaTune wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 1:50 am Just to add to what mituc said, you do not need to install VersaTuner on the car again.
You can find VersaTuner data folder by opening settings (gear icon in the top right corner) and clicking "Open VersaTuner Data Folder..."
It contains your tunes, settings, backup of your factory tune, etc.
Thanks!
matt0matic

Post by matt0matic »

Running into an issue with similar problems reviewed in this thread.

Bought an RX8 that the previous owner installed and tuned the car. The PO transferred the VT license to me, and I have the software installed onto my PC; and had the previous owner send over the Versatune file. I've replaced the Versatune file on my PC with the one he provided and VT still doesn't recognize the car.

Would I need to reinstall VT to the cars ECU? I was under the impression that with the previous owners VT file I don't need to install VT to the ECU; and I'm reluctant to do so, worried about loosing the tune he has in the car.

Any advice?
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

matt0matic wrote: September 5th, 2023, 7:36 am Running into an issue with similar problems reviewed in this thread.

Bought an RX8 that the previous owner installed and tuned the car. The PO transferred the VT license to me, and I have the software installed onto my PC; and had the previous owner send over the Versatune file. I've replaced the Versatune file on my PC with the one he provided and VT still doesn't recognize the car.

Would I need to reinstall VT to the cars ECU? I was under the impression that with the previous owners VT file I don't need to install VT to the ECU; and I'm reluctant to do so, worried about loosing the tune he has in the car.

Any advice?
Please contact us via email ([email protected]) and will be glad to assist you.
Walle

Post by Walle »

is it possible to change the location of this folder. I.e., I cannot specify that folder "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\VersaTune" to be automatically synced on to OneDrive (which I use for all my backups as a primary way), but If I could move it to another location in the system than It would be back up all the time.
at the moment I am using google drive, but I have reasons to prefer others.
(also offsite hard copy backups ect are easier to setup if it is not in appdata folder)
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

It is not currently possible to change that folder in VersaTuner, but you could create a symbolic link to that folder and point OneDrive to the symbolic link.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/off ... 49254f9da0