Edit LOAD axis

Installation and Usage Support
alphavictortango

Edit LOAD axis

Post by alphavictortango »

Hi!

In the timing maps, I am unable to edit the "LOAD" axis as the button is grayed out.
Is there a reason for this? I am approaching loads of over 2 and cant find an answer in previous posts.

Cheers!
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Edit LOAD axis

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

What car/engine are you referring to?
Some axes cannot be edited because they are shared with other tables or calculated dynamically by the ECU.
alphavictortango

It’s a 2012 Mazda 3 MPS,
I’ve just installed a CorkSport turbo and I am wondering what the ECU is going to do when it sees a load higher than what’s on the table.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Unfortunately, on gen 2 Mazda 3 MPS a lot of the axes are shared and cannot be edited.
The ECU just uses the values in the last row or column when you exceed the maximum vertical or horizontal axis value. It does not perform any extrapolation.
alphavictortango

Hey thanks for the explanation!

Must say I love this software, very stable, no issues with my precious!
ST-Autosport

Post by ST-Autosport »

was looking for the exaxt same thing here. gen2 3 MPS with build bottom end and BNR S3 turbo, max load in map is 2 and i like to target 1.6bar so im missing at least 0.5bar of load in the maps.

is it safe like this to target this boost? then i need to lower the 2bar load line values a lot to make sure i'm safe and losing hp/torque inbetween?
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

ST-Autosport wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 2:06 am is it safe like this to target this boost? then i need to lower the 2bar load line values a lot to make sure i'm safe and losing hp/torque inbetween?
Load 2.5 on pump gas is pretty tricky in the mid range and on a motor with factory internals I would not recommend it.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
ST-Autosport

Post by ST-Autosport »

it is a fully build engine with wiseco pistons, manley H-beam rods, ARP main and head studs, bnr s3 turbo, 3.5bar map, and water/meth injection with a 615cc injector.
mituc wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 2:34 am
ST-Autosport wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 2:06 am is it safe like this to target this boost? then i need to lower the 2bar load line values a lot to make sure i'm safe and losing hp/torque inbetween?
Load 2.5 on pump gas is pretty tricky in the mid range and on a motor with factory internals I would not recommend it.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

ST-Autosport wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 3:50 am it is a fully build engine with wiseco pistons, manley H-beam rods, ARP main and head studs, bnr s3 turbo, 3.5bar map, and water/meth injection with a 615cc injector.
What is the tables you need to scale the axis for? I'm guessing the timing tables.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
ST-Autosport

Post by ST-Autosport »

yes the ignition timing.

right now when running lets say 1.6bar (23/24psi) or more. you have to alter the timing on load scale 2bar to the lowest value for 1.6bar, this means you loose a ton of torque between the 1 and 1.6bar because you have to play it safe there.