Need urgent help, trying to visit sick parent, and AFR not correct after turbo swap

Tuning discussion for all second generation Mazda 2.3 MZR DISI Turbo powered vehicles
Post Reply
Kay2thePea
Posts: 15
Joined: May 28th, 2025, 10:58 pm

Need urgent help, trying to visit sick parent, and AFR not correct after turbo swap

Post by Kay2thePea »

So I just swapped in a TD05H-16K turbo, and a 3 inch straight pipe no cat down pipe. The rest of the exhaust will be installed after I get home from the visit with my parents, my dad is sick and I need to get to see him, it might be my last chance to see him.

Can anyone offer any advice or insight into what might be going on?

Could it be caused by somehow damaging the upstream or downstream o2 sensor?

Or could it be caused because the straight 3 inch down pipe with no cat and no rest of the exhaust is somehow causing it to not adjust fueling?

When I start it up, it refuses to add any long term trims, is that just because it has not learned them yet after the new Flash?

It just seems like the desired afr never really goes richer until I let off the throttle. I've got the bcsdc set at half of what it was set at with the original turbo, and I am reusing the factory bcs for now just to get me in the road faster.

Please help!
mituc
VersaTuner guru
Posts: 1547
Joined: December 17th, 2011, 2:47 pm
Location: Iasi/Romania

Re: Need urgent help, trying to visit sick parent, and AFR not correct after turbo swap

Post by mituc »

Add a datalog to this thread.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~550BHP @35PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Built engine and stock exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 360-ish BHP
Post Reply