VersaTuner 1.12.0 released

Global Forum and VersaTune company related announcements.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

VersaTuner 1.12.0 released

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

VersaTuner 1.12.0 has been released today. Please check your email inboxes (or spam folders), you should receive a download link over the next 12 hours.

Here is an overview of the new features:

General changes
- Support for importing and flashing encrypted and locked tunes from authorized e-tuners
Very soon we will release a specialized version of VersaTuner for e-tuners (people, who tune cars remotely, exchanging tunes and logs over email). It will allow working with tunes and logs from multiple platforms using a single instance of VersaTuner and will also allow locking tunes to a specific VIN to protect the intellectual property and prevent sharing of paid tunes. These locked tunes can not be edited and can only be flashed to the car with the matching VIN. We have also added support for importing and flashing locked tunes to the personal edition of VersaTuner. The .vtune file format has been updated and any tunes you share using version 1.12 can not be loaded by older versions of VersaTuner. If you need to export the tune in the old format, please select it in the drop down:
V4 tune export.PNG
V4 tune export.PNG (43.57 KiB) Viewed 202883 times
- Preferred measurement units can now be individually customized both in the Tune Editor and in the Dashboard
Previously you could only select between US, metric and Canadian measurement units. Now you can select "Custom" and specify the desired measurement unit for each group. Selected measurement units will be used throughout the application. This is useful if you are used to working with specific measurement units.
Customizable units.PNG
Customizable units.PNG (65.39 KiB) Viewed 202883 times
- All fuel-related tables can now be displayed in either AFR or lambda units
This was a common request and you can now choose between AFR (14.7:1) or lambda (1.0 based) units. Selected units will be used both in the dashboard and when editing tunes in the tune editor.
AFR-units.jpg
AFR-units.jpg (663.91 KiB) Viewed 202883 times
- Improved usability when using the Tune Editor with the keyboard
You can now easily navigate between cells after you have entered a value in a table by pressing <Enter>, <Tab>, <Shift + Tab> or using the arrow keys. You can also press <Ctrl + A> to select the entire table.

- It is now possible to use <Alt-Tab> to switch between multiple Tune Editor and Log Viewer windows

- Improved performance when launching the app and working with tunes and logs

- It is now possible to search for tunes in “My tunes”
Search local tunes.PNG
Search local tunes.PNG (91.09 KiB) Viewed 202883 times
- It is now possible to import .vtlog format logs into the local database
Import data logs.PNG
Import data logs.PNG (67.06 KiB) Viewed 202883 times
- VersaTuner data folder can be quickly opened from the Settings screen for easy backup or migration to a different PC
View data folder.PNG
View data folder.PNG (83.87 KiB) Viewed 202883 times

Mazda 3/6/CX-5 SkyActiv Diesel

New tunes:
- Base tune v1.06 with smooth boost and significantly improved power/torque
This is our latest and greatest tune for all SkyActiv-D owners. It has received exclusively positive feedback, has lots of power and torque and delivers boost smoothly.

-Special tune to upgrade from 150 hp to 175 hp
For all those who have the 150 hp version of the 2.2l SkyActiv-D engine and want to upgrade it to the OEM 175 hp calibration we have created a tune that does just that. The engines are mechanically identical and you can upgrade yours to 175 hp just by flashing this tune. This tune contains no custom enhancements and is identical to the factory 175 hp tune.

New tables:
- Tables that are different between 150 hp and 175 hp factory tunes.
This allows owners of 150hp models to use the 150-175hp upgrade tune to upgrade to the 175 hp factory tune equivalent.

- Exhaust Pressure Limit constants.
These values are used to limit injection quantity to maintain exhaust pressure below the set limits.

- Requested Boost Limit tables.
These tables determine the maximum requested boost pressure.

- Injection Timing tables.
This allows for control of injection timing.

- EGT Limit 1 and EGT Limit 2 tables.
These tables limit the injection quantity to protect the turbo and diesel particulate filter from overheating.

- Boost Limit BAT tables.
These tables limit the operating manifold absolute pressure to prevent operating the turbo beyond its efficient range.

Logging:
- Added additional parameters to the General Performance logging preset.
The additional parameters give a more complete view of what is going on with the engine.

- Corrected scaling of exhaust gas temperature logging parameters
- Fixed Bluetooth logging issues

Mazda 3/6 MPS, Mazdaspeed 3/6 and Mazda CX-7

- Manifold absolute pressure dashboard parameter can now be customized by selecting the installed MAP sensor or entering custom calibration
The parameters that were sensor specific are now gone and you can now use the generic parameters to log manifold pressure and boost even with aftermarket MAP sensors. You can choose from one of the popular sensors in the list or select "Custom" and enter the multiplier and offset that will be applied using the displayed formula.
MAP config.PNG
MAP config.PNG (28.28 KiB) Viewed 202883 times
- Boost pressure is now accurately displayed for aftermarket MAP sensors
It's enough to set the correct MAP sensor for the Intake manifold absolute pressure parameter and the Boost pressure parameter will calculate boost correctly.

- Added support for CorkSport 3.5 bar MAP sensor

- New logging parameters Catalyst Temperature and Fan Duty Cycle.
Catalyst temperature is a calculated value that is helpful in estimating exhaust gas temperatures. Fan duty cycle will help in monitoring fan activity.

Mazda RX-8

- Added new logging parameters Fan 1 and 2 Status and Fan 3 Status.
These parameters will help in monitoring fan activity.

- Actual Air Fuel Ratio can be logged in AFR units
Make sure to choose the right measurement unit in the Settings page.

- Corrected axis label for Oil Injection - Throttle 1 and 2
bamse1

Re: VersaTuner 1.12.0 released

Post by bamse1 »

Great news guys, looking forward to update!
Please tell me if this new version will require first an installment of the base Versatuner software (the one that takes around 30 minutes to complete) and after that the actual tune file flash operation (the one that takes 2-3 minutes) or it will be just the second step (the one that takes around 2-3 minutes).
In other words, installing this new version will be like installing Versatuner for the first time on the car - with 2 separate operations, the first taking around 30 min (back-up and base install) and the second one around 2-3 min (the actual tune file) ?
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

bamse1 wrote:Great news guys, looking forward to update!
Please tell me if this new version will require first an installment of the base Versatuner software (the one that takes around 30 minutes to complete) and after that the actual tune file flash operation (the one that takes 2-3 minutes) or it will be just the second step (the one that takes around 2-3 minutes).
In other words, installing this new version will be like installing Versatuner for the first time on the car - with 2 separate operations, the first taking around 30 min (back-up and base install) and the second one around 2-3 min (the actual tune file) ?
Installing the update consists of two parts:
1. You run the setup package which updates your VersaTuner application. You can then use all the new features of the app.
2. If you want to use the new tunes or tables, just flash a tune that contains them (2 min). There is no need to reinstall VersaTuner on the car.
bamse1

Post by bamse1 »

Thanks for the clarification Ugnius, looking forward to receive the download link and install 1.06 file tune !
Poachersun

Post by Poachersun »

Thanks for the continued work guys :)
Happy to see stuff is progressing. Maybe there is a chance in some future more base tunes to work with i.e De-Cat / 3" Intakes, BNR S3 turbo upgrades etc. Of course this verges on the custom tune requirement anyways (which i am currently doing)

Just waiting on my download link :)
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Sometimes this new version 1.12.0 fails to load the tunes to compare to, sometimes lists only one tune. As far as I can tell for some reason once you edit one of the existing tunes it changes some version in it and will display in the drop-down menu for comparison tunes only the tunes with that version. This is not right.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

While resetting a few tables back to a previous version I've got this message. If I hit the OK button it would open a new message box. I had to terminate the VT from the task manager...

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

mituc wrote:Sometimes this new version 1.12.0 fails to load the tunes to compare to, sometimes lists only one tune. As far as I can tell for some reason once you edit one of the existing tunes it changes some version in it and will display in the drop-down menu for comparison tunes only the tunes with that version. This is not right.
The way the tunes are stored in the database has been changed. In order to "upgrade" your old tunes, please open them and click "Save". That will allow them to be compared. Sorry about the inconvenience.
mituc wrote:While resetting a few tables back to a previous version I've got this message. If I hit the OK button it would open a new message box. I had to terminate the VT from the task manager...
I could not reproduce this. Could you please provide step by step instructions how I can reproduce this behavior?
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Ugnius @ VersaTune wrote: The way the tunes are stored in the database has been changed. In order to "upgrade" your old tunes, please open them and click "Save". That will allow them to be compared. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Yeah, I kind of figured out, it was just worrisome to see all tunes disappearing from the comparison list after I only saved one tune :)
Ugnius @ VersaTune wrote:I could not reproduce this. Could you please provide step by step instructions how I can reproduce this behavior?
Chose two tunes which are very different. Open one of them, and select the other one for comparison. Edit the opened tune and start resetting the value in the tables tables that, especially big tables (such as timing or fuelling tables) and after a while you will see that error.
Thinking back about it, there was some particular case: at that time there was no tune saved using the 1.12.0, I only upgraded and got back to editing a tune.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Nxnos

Post by Nxnos »

Thank you very much. Great distro