Hello, new big turbo setup. Got base tune.

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED6/MAZDASPEED Atenza/Mazda 6 MPS vehicles
Juschiln19

Hello, new big turbo setup. Got base tune.

Post by Juschiln19 »

I got a base tune. But after having fuel pressure relief valve failure. I found the car to have a hesitation and I'm getting a lean at idle code. I'm in the middle of figuring this out. But what I need help with is I uploaded the base tune on mazdaspeed fourm and I'm basicly being told the base tune sucks bad!!!. The guy I got it from said it was basicly a ap stage 2 map converted to versatuner. I need to use the base tune until january. But by they way they are talking I need to change a few things to be able to safely do that. Can one of you guys just have a look and help me out with what to fix. I know I need a tune but I can't afford it right now. I got this base map and it drove good until the fuel pressure relief valve issue. But after talking to the dude that looled at it. I'm a little worried. I'm not asking it to be fixed for me (tho that would be amazing)... just looking for a what to change. And what am i changing it to... I really appreciate the help

Current setup:
Sure Thermal Gaskets - DM Stage 3 Dual OCC'S - DM Pcv Vent Plate - BNR S4 V2 - Guardian Angel - Grimmspeed EBCS - JBR Egr Delete - Turbosmart Dual Port BOV(100% To Air) - HTP 3.5" Full Intake W/Recir. Hose Blocked - Bosch 3.5 Bar Map - Autotech HPFP - CX Racing FMIC Pipe Kit W/ Tr6 Core FMIC - One Step Colder Denso Plugs
Attachments
Current occ's routing
Current occ's routing
Screenshot_2017-06-04-12-27-03.jpg (373.19 KiB) Viewed 8967 times
Branden B BNR S4 Base Tune v1.00.zip
(114.75 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Hello, new big turbo setup. Got base tune.

Post by mituc »

As I mentioned on the MSF your "base tune" has a lot of weird stuff in it. Now that you posted here I'll take a look at what you've got and correct those things I found problematic.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Juschiln19

Post by Juschiln19 »

I appreciate it bro. Hey I just notied i forgot to put that I'm running a 3" cat-less downpipe and the second cat is deleted. And I know it's very important to include.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

So here is your new tune:
Branden B BNR S4 Base Tune - v1.02.zip
(110.13 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
Considering the log you posted here:
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f ... ost3127309
I adjusted your load targets, boost control calibration, timing (all set to 91OCT gas fr now just to be sure), AFRs, fuel pressure and some more.

Take it easy for starters, at this point I'm not sure why you are overboosting, it's possible that your EBCS is not connected properly or malfunctioning, but we'll see with the new values for boost control based on load.

Keep in mind that what we've seen in the above mentioned log is stuff that damages engines. So if under WOT you start seeing any more than like 1.4 degrees of ignition retard just back off (configure an alarm in your VT dashboard when KR is higher than that).
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Juschiln19

Post by Juschiln19 »

OMG I Appreciate You Bro!!!!!